Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Death

Loosing someone you love is never easy, I know it's really hard when the person is not saved or backslinen but the pain is there when the person is saved as well.

When I was two years old my Mother & Father separated, not only did they separate from each other but the children were separated from dad & everyone from dad's family (of course not by choice). As fate would have it many years later I was reunited with my family, my Aunts, Uncles and cousins, who all expressed this overwhelming love for me, oh how beautiful that was. I was able to meet most of them, except for two my Uncle Felix and Aunt Angelica. Despite the fact of not meeting each other we spent some time on the phone talking about this and that but mostly on how we really couldn't wait to meet. Unfortunately we might not have the opportunity to meet and hang out together, you see my Tia Angelica has terminal cancer & today I was told she is not going to make it, she is in ICU.

I will be flying to PR on Thursday the 3rd (I had originally booked my flight for Tuesday the 8Th, Praise God I was allowed to change it). I was told that the doctors are not allowing anyone up except for her husband, however I believe the Lord will allow me to at least see her if only for a minute. I just want to hold her in my arms even if for a moment just to tell her how much I love her and even though we were unable to be together in my growing up years I know the love of my family was always with me.

I have learned that we need to stop and think about what is really important. I wanted to meet my Tia so bad but yet I vacationed elsewhere instead of just going to PR to meet her and spend time with her. I was selfish, now it might be too late. Life is too short and God has blessed me with such a beautiful family, they may not be perfect but nor am I, but imperfect and all they are my family. I tell you this because I know I learned the true meaning of that saying "Don't bring me flowers when I am dead". Don't wait till it's too late to spend some time with your family or friends.

God is good and He is in control, I believe that if it's God's will she will be completely healed!!!!

Love you and God Bless you

No comments: