Saturday, December 11, 2010

Words

Today I would like to speak about words and how they have an affect on us. If I were to always say mean and hurtful things to someone all the time that person would start to believe what I say for example if I am always calling someone stupid that person would start to believe they are stupid. Now this doesn't only pertain to name calling it also pertains to belittling someone as well. If I were to always put someone down always making them feel less than dirt that person's self esteem will be destroyed.
Psalm 64:3 They sharpen their tongues like swords and aim their words like deadly arrows.
Proverbs 12:18 The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise bring healing.

So you see you could either hurt or heal someone with words.

The next time you think of saying something hurtful to someone remember you will not be able to retract it later on, the damage is already done. Choose your words wisely bring encouragement and always bring correction in love, no matter the circumstance.

Food for thought.......:o)

Before you speak an ill word to anyone ask yourself this question, "If I were standing in front of God right now would I speak to Him like that?"

Have a very Blessed day.

No comments: